Vice President Sales & Marketing
We need the help of an experienced, entrepreneurial and energetic VP, Sales and Marketing who will be responsible for the management, development and continuous improvement of our sales and marketing team. The successful candidate will build, manage and develop: our team; our path-to-market; our product marketing; and, our education strategy.
- Sales team
- Sales operations
- Business development (Integrated Healthcare Providers, DSOs and Government Accounts (military))
- Channel management (D/S, Dealers) and development of new channels
- Product Marketing (materials, pricing, communications)
- Web site
- Web store
- Social media
- Education (including MATRxDoctors.com, our Faculty and our KOL network)
- Communications to all stakeholders
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Build incredible teams and processes to sell products that satisfy the needs of prospective customers.
- Performance will be measured against: revenue, revenue growth, profit, gross margins, LTV/CAC, channel performance, new customer creation.
Reporting –to the CEO and is a member of the SMG (Senior Management Group). Occasionally reports to the Board.
PEER LEVEL LINKAGES
- VP, Operations
- VP, Accounting and Administration
- Approximately 8 people growing to 10-12
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and corporate sales plan
- Successful experience building and growing channels
- Successful experience selling medical devices, products, consumables and services into a clinical setting (preferably dental).
- Successful experience closing deals with large DSOs, government and Integrated Healthcare Providers
- Successful experience monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations
- Successful experience managing a team of 5+ salespeople
- Experience managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities
- Successful experience utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
- Successful experience hiring and onboarding sales representatives
- Successful experience building and managing a territory (include geography if necessary)
- Proven experience working within a fast growing, dynamic, demanding company environment
- Experience providing status reports with market and customer feedback to the corporate leadership team
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of sales leadership
- A track record of creating new and successful products and services that are consumer-facing and fit within a clinical setting
MAJOR QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO SUCCEED IN THE JOB
- Ability to lead, expand, develop and manage a team
- Demonstrated significant maturity and integrity
- Tenacious, creative, ability to understand the big picture and maintain quality and attention to detail
ABOUT ZEPHYR SLEEP TECHNOLOGIES
Zephyr Sleep Technologies (“ZST” or the “Company”) designs, develops and manufactures medical devices for diagnosis and treatment of sleep disordered breathing. Zephyr has launched its second generation product, the MATRx Plus, designed to fulfill the needs of a significant and expanding market in the US. The MATRx Plus is a tablet-based and cloud-connected medical device designed to be used at the patient’s home and is currently cleared by Health Canada for sale in Canada and by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for sale in the US. The MATRx Plus medical device is used to complete a two-night home study which determines: i) If a simple oral appliance is capable of treating obstructive sleep apnea (“OSA”; and, ii) a therapeutic position for the mandible. This information allows a dentist to custom make an oral appliance for an OSA patient.
Zephyr Sleep Technologies was founded in 2010 principally by Paul Cataford (CEO), John Remmers (Chief Medical Officer) and Sabina Bruehlmann (Director – Technology) and was spun out of the University of Calgary. Zephyr is a private company headquartered in Calgary Alberta with 36 employees. The intent is to grow the team to 55 by the end of 2019 Since inception, the Company has raised over $17 million – $6.7 million from investors and over $10 million from non-dilutive sources (government & strategic partners).
Partnership with DENTSPLY SIRONA (“D/S”)
On June 30, 2017 ZST closed a strategic investment with Dentsply Sirona (“D/S”), the largest dental technology company in the world. In addition to the investment, D/S is also “bundling” a MATRx Plus with each of its 3D AI – cone beam CT scanners in the US.
The MATRx is installed in 200 sleep labs and clinics in NA and over 12,000 tests have been completed since 2013. MATRx users include Kaiser Permenante in northern CA. The MATRx Plus has cleared Health Canada since the beginning of the year and is installed in close to 50 sites so far in Canada. The Company is now cleared by the FDA to sell the MATRx Plus in the US and has backlog of over $1 million. The plan is to be in 3,000-5,000 dentist offices by the end of 2020 bringing in annual revenues in excess of $35 million.
Keep it Simple
To help people live healthy and productive lives by sleeping better
- Do it right
- Find a way
- Work as a team
- Continually improve
- Be agile – work fast, smart and hard
If you would like to be a part of the Zephyr Sleep Technologies Team and you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, please apply via Indeed by clicking here. The position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.