Product Marketing Specialist
You want to work for a company with a vision to impact the world. As the Product Marketing Manager, you are responsible for defining the market position within the context of the overall product strategy. This means you should be conducting competitor analysis and market research in order to inform the strategic positioning of the product to customers, partners, and market influencers. Being responsible for bringing the product to market and driving adoption, your primary goals include arming sales with the knowledge and tools they need to be successful and outlining compelling product marketing programs and strategies.
- Own the product marketing strategy including segmentation and prioritization, new product introduction, go-to-market programs, and ownership of all customer-facing product materials, sales training, and KPIs.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in each market segment and resonates with Zephyr’s target customers and partners.
- Create compelling product content that communicates the value proposition of Zephyr’s products and services, such as product collateral, whitepapers, articles, technical briefs, and presentations.
- Provide direction and be accountable to the strategy and performance of all marketing campaigns for the product.
- Work closely with the product manager, marketing, sales, education and leadership to iterate and maintain a feedback loop for go-to-market strategy, messaging, and tactics.
- Provide research on target segments, where they are, how they buy, their budgets, and their buying criteria.
- Ensure that the product selling process matches the buyer’s buying process.
- Be knowledgeable of our competition and provide documented intelligence and guidance on how to win in the market; develop and implement product marketing plans to address emerging trends and competitor threats.
- Clearly articulate the dominant selling ideas and value propositions of the product line to all customer-facing teams.
- Host internal training and preparation sessions that educate and align internal stakeholders with positioning for new and existing features, services, and go-to-market programs.
- With the team, develop new product launch plans and strategies, and oversee their execution
- Foster positive relationships with Key Opinion Leaders; be the business “expert”.
- Participate on cross-functional and multi-national team meetings to ensure collaboration and alignment needed to support successful plan execution and achievement of results.
- Ongoing coordination with regulatory to assure compliance with Health Canada and FDA regulations and clinical accuracy of all communication material (print/digital).
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 5+ years direct product marketing experience
- Business, marketing, or creative background
- A proven track record of launching great products
- Strong B2B marketing experience
- Experience marketing software to the industrial space
- Previous experience introducing disruptive technology to the market
MAJOR QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO SUCCEED IN THE JOB
- You’re a big-picture thinker, that possesses a unique blend of both business and technical savvy
- Unusually great organizational and time management skills
- Excellent in both verbal and visual communication
- Can speak to large audiences with credibility and passion
- Collaborative to your core
- Solid testimonials from empowered sales teams
- Motivated by making an impact; thrive on challenging and rewarding problems
ABOUT ZEPHYR SLEEP TECHNOLOGIES
Zephyr Sleep Technologies (“ZST” or the “Company”) designs, develops and manufactures medical devices for diagnosis and treatment of sleep disordered breathing. Zephyr has launched its second generation product, the MATRx Plus, designed to fulfill the needs of a significant and expanding market in the US. The MATRx Plus is a tablet-based and cloud-connected medical device designed to be used at the patient’s home and is currently cleared by Health Canada for sale in Canada and by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for sale in the US. The MATRx Plus medical device is used to complete a two-night home study which determines: i) If a simple oral appliance is capable of treating obstructive sleep apnea (“OSA”; and, ii) a therapeutic position for the mandible. This information allows a dentist to custom make an oral appliance for an OSA patient.
Zephyr Sleep Technologies was founded in 2010 principally by Paul Cataford (CEO), John Remmers (Chief Medical Officer) and Sabina Bruehlmann (Director – Technology) and was spun out of the University of Calgary. Zephyr is a private company headquartered in Calgary Alberta with 36 employees. The intent is to grow the team to 55 by the end of 2019 Since inception, the Company has raised over $17 million – $6.7 million from investors and over $10 million from non-dilutive sources (government & strategic partners).
Partnership with DENTSPLY SIRONA (“D/S”)
On June 30, 2017 ZST closed a strategic investment with Dentsply Sirona (“D/S”), the largest dental technology company in the world. In addition to the investment, D/S is also “bundling” a MATRx Plus with each of its 3D AI – cone beam CT scanners in the US.
The MATRx is installed in 200 sleep labs and clinics in NA and over 12,000 tests have been completed since 2013. MATRx users include Kaiser Permenante in northern CA. The MATRx Plus has cleared Health Canada since the beginning of the year and is installed in close to 50 sites so far in Canada. The Company is now cleared by the FDA to sell the MATRx Plus in the US and has backlog of over $1 million. The plan is to be in 3,000-5,000 dentist offices by the end of 2020 bringing in annual revenues in excess of $35 million.
Keep it Simple
To help people live healthy and productive lives by sleeping better
- Do it right
- Find a way
- Work as a team
- Continually improve
- Be agile – work fast, smart and hard
If you would like to be a part of the Zephyr Sleep Technologies Team and you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, please apply via Indeed by clicking here. The position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.